Mold is very common in buildings and homes. If your house has mold, you may or may not be able to spot it right away. There’s more than just the smell you have to worry about. Not only can mold cause a displeasing odor, but it can also damage the integrity of your home’s structure and cause ill health effects. As you may or may not know Mold can cause a variety of illnesses affecting the eyes, skin, lungs, heart and more. The most common indication of mold is a musty smell. However, there are many other signs your house has begun to grow mold in different areas.

Where Could the Mold be?

Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding. It can grow in areas of the home where there is moisture and can also be present from a high humidity within the property. The problem is that the areas where you’re likely to find a combination of elements are not always the most visible.

Here are some of the most common places mold can hide in the home:

  • Bathrooms

  • Kitchens

  • Bedrooms

  • Attics and Vents, a/c

  • Water line

  • Window

  • Water heater

  • Roof leak

How do you know they might be mold?

If you’re concerned that your house has mold, here are the most common and obvious signs:

  • When you see discoloration or water staining there could be mold present.

  • If there is an ongoing leak in the home that was not immediately detected, you should have a licensed mold assessor complete a mold assessment and take different type of samples at the property.

  • You’re always fighting cold or flu-like symptoms – Mold causes cold and flu-like symptoms, so it may be an indication that you have mold hiding somewhere if you’re sick way too often.

  • You can smell a musty/damp odor.

  • If you have allergic reactions such as headaches, runny nose, red eyes, itching or shortness of breath inside of a room there could be mold present and an assessment should take place

What Should You Do If You Found Mold?

First of all, if you think you might have mold, you should always call a licensed mold remediation company to have an inspection performed by their professionals. It is not recommended to remove MOLD with household cleaning products. Any porous material needs to be removed from the property and the area needs to be cleaned and sanitized with EPA approved products within a contained area. If you think you found mold in your home, it’s important you act sooner rather than later to get rid of it. Mold is potentially very hazardous to your health, and the health of others in the home. Make sure to call the experts so they can do what they do best to help you out with the issue.

Get rid of your Mold Now

If you have ever had a leak you should have the air quality in your home tested and inspected for mold. If You think you might have a mold problem, it is because you most likely do. All you have to do is click and fill out the form on our contact us page for a FREE INSPECTION conducted by our professional team. Yes, it is FREE.

Got mold or water damage?

Schedule your free inspection here